Friday, January 1, 2010

Flower Power!

This post is mainly for my friend, Shannon. When I told her I had made the flowers on Deepani's cake (see post below), she said "Shut up! I don't believe you!". So here we are. A tutorial on flower-making...

Cut flower shapes:


Find tube of magical pink pixie dust:


Push plain flower cut-out onto special sponge thingy with a rounded tool thingamajig dipped in above magical dust, then use thingamajig to spread pink onto the petals while curving and shaping them.

See - nothing to it!

Certainly would seem like a more impressive process if I actually knew all the proper names to these tools...

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Karen! You are soooooooooo gifted! Thanks for sharing all these wonderful looking cakes (and I am sure they're super delicious as well)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, Chary! ;) I knew you would appreciate my extensive vocabulary.

    Thanks, Evelyn!!

    ReplyDelete